Mastering Your Credit
March 18, 2023 @ 10:00AM — 12:00PM Central Time (US & Canada)
LUCID Private Offices - West LBJ Freeway: 3010 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy Suite 1200 Dallas, TX 75234 Get Directions
Understanding and Improving Your Credit!
The credit landscape can be complex, confusing, and it can be difficult to know where to even start. The first step to achieving strong credit health starts with investing in understanding the ins and outs of your credit score. Learning about your credit score and the actions you can take to improve it will help you become better positioned to unlock your full credit potential and achieve your financial goals.
Your credit health plays a big role in your financial future. Strong credit health can help you qualify for loans with low interest rates, saving hundreds or even thousands of dollars in the long run. On the flip side, poor credit health could turn into a hurdle that hinders your chances of getting the loan you need to buy a home, finding financing to purchase a car, or qualifying for credit cards with the best rewards and rates.
In this workshop, you’ll get a simple breakdown on your credit score and how you can start building your credit health so you can get more out of life:
- Credit Score Definition
- Credit Reports
- How Your Credit Score is Calculated
- The Factors that Impact Your Credit Report
- What is a Good Credit Score? What’s a Bad Score?
- Why Your Credit Score is Important
- Top Tips to Achieve an Excellent Score
- Credit Repair: Steps to Fix a Poor Credit Score
Prior to Attending
- Please request your free credit reports via www.annualcreditreport.com and bring to the workshop.
- Please click the links to download the Mastering Your Credit PowerPoint Presentation and Credit Report and Credit Score Handout
- Please help us get the word out by sharing this RSVP link with your friends, family, and circle of influences!
- Please share our virtual Mastering Your Credit LIVE Stream link with others not able to attend the workshop in-person
Tara Alderete is Director of Enterprise Learning at MMI, the largest provider of nonprofit financial counseling and education in the United States. Her experience includes managing and facilitating internal and external financial capability programs, developing curriculum within the financial services industry, and managing and developing trainers. In her current role, she oversees a team of educators, creates MMI’s online and in-person education programs, and facilitates community workshops and webinars.